Blogger Tricks


April 20, 2009

CQB CITY 04-19-09

Great turnout. If I didnt know any better it was beginning to feel like summer. More and more people are coming out to play as Spring begins to get a little warmer.


Saw a lot of happy faces at CQB CITY's Sunday OP. The gentleman who attended last game with his kid and friend were back and brought along even more people. Glad to see people are telling their friends about us. From the feedback we are getting @ CQB CITY is that people are coming from all over to play at our field, why? There is no other indoor field like us in Northern California.

A pizza delivery guy came buy to deliver pizza to the large party that attended and he was intrigued by all the guys with gun. I thought it was funny but turns out guy was interested and wanted to play too. I handed him a card and hoped he would return. 

This week's footage was a littl short (despite still being close to 10 minutes) I took more of a business roll this game. Ensuring players were set up, no real engagement issues, an overall customer service approach to the field.

I was glad to get up in the thick of things, some real honest close quarters stuff. Hope too see more as the summer months roll on by:


As always Ill try to make a player highlight every game I ref. This week is Romeo and his A&K M249. Always a favorite of mine the guy is honestly there to have fun and his whole loadout is awesome. If you are ever considering getting an M249 check out the video:



UPDATE:
Since this is airsoft related I will go ahead and update you on my the status of my mosfet. So I ordered a AB mosfet from a Airsoft Forum user that I have delt with before. When it arrived (in a small 1st class envelop) it was torn open on the side and mosfet missing. Immediately I e-mailed the guy and under good faith shipped me another one. A few days later a similar envelop arrived and SAME THING. The envelop was slit on its side and mosfet missing. At this point I was furious and I didnt know who to be mad at; the seller or USPS. I filled a claim via e-mail and formal complaint over the phone with the United Stats Postal Investigation Services today. I decided it wasnt the sellers fault as being a small package perhaps a number of things could have gone wrong in transit. So right now it looks like I paid a $20 for an envelop.

So I go searching for a mosfet and I decide to bite my lip and go high-end. It was between www.extreme-fire.com or www.unconventional-airsoft.com's computerized mosfet. One was based in the US, and the other in Canada. Each was open for user development and each feature high-end mosfets. So why computerized? Better yet, what do you mean computerized? Like a regular AB mosfet there is a FET that will stop the rotation of the motor so your spring is never compressed, it will increase trigger response & ROF, while still deliverying longer trigger life. With the addition of a computer chip things can be controled or simulated. Such as motor speed adjustment to deliver 3-burst or 2-burst shooting, simulated gun jam for RTB (rack-tap-bang), or even muzzle flash.

Ultimately I choose Extreme-Fires SW-Computer mosfet. I felt it was resonably priced and what I wanted in a mosfet plus an added bonus of playing around with settings with a totally programmable chip. Meaining that I can replace the chip onboard my mosfet unit for custom settings like semi-only, 2burst only, etc. In addition I can run all the wiring without a fuse, even if I choose to go Li-poly some day. As we speak it is being built to order and should receive it within the week. I am excited, I hope there are no problems with this package otherwise I will be pretty pissed off. Once wired up and operational I will update you all with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment