Blogger Tricks


May 19, 2011

MilSim Junkie Review: Revision Desert Locust Goggles

I first started wearing Revision after my current spectacles failed to meet my expectations. Mainly, it did not fit as well as I had hoped. After picking up the Revision Sawfly glasses I wanted to know a little bit more about the company. The Desert Locust goggles became the first pair of eye protection I had gotten apart from my very trust Arena Flakjack V.1 goggles.

Feature:
- High Impact Low Profile Frame
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Adjustable Band
- Rubber seal to ensure proper fittiment
- RX carrier compatible
- ANSI rated lenses
- MILITARY grade


Initial Review:
I was very impressed with the build quality and the amount of lenses (deluxe kit) that was paired with the goggles. One of the first things I like about the goggles was the colorway. The tan color match perfectly with the majority of my kahki, tan, coyote tan, dark earth equipment that I was currently running. Its adjustable band made it fit around my head and other head gear I might have been wearing.

Its fit was rather uncomfortable I will be honest. Due to my facial profile I notice a small gap around my nose bridge area. However this could be easily fixed with the use of a lower face mask, shemagh, or balaclava. The Desert Locust did not fit my face well however the nice rubber seal was a nice compromise to this.

Pictures:
For more pictures visit the Flickr set












After Action Report:
Finally got a chance to field the Desert Locust goggles. After a good 8hr day of use the goggles exceeded my expectations of goggle systems. I tried out the Locust goggles with several pieces of head gear (hat, shemagh, helmet, balaclava, lower face mask, headset, etc) and all of it work perfectly with the gear. Nothing got into the way and it matched my loadout.

One of my biggest concerns was cheek weld while aiming down iron sights (which I commonly use). You will be pleased to know that they goggles do not get in any way of aiming.

I did encounter a few issues although they are entirely my own your story may vary. Due to my facial profile I could not get a constant seal around my eyes. The goggles did not completely contour my face well as Id hope. I also encountered some moisture build up and fogging. In the deluxe kit however I was given some anti-fog wipes which after applied to the lenses aided in getting rid of some of the fogging/moisture build up.

Other than that I will give these goggles a DEFINATE BUY if your looking for some new eyewear.

Cost:
$129 - Deluxe Kit (Clear, High Contrast, Smoke lenses + anti-fog whips)
$99 - Military Kit (Clear & Smoke Lens)

Where to buy:

Video:
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel

0 comments:

Post a Comment