Blogger Tricks


May 19, 2011

CQB CITY AIRSOFT ACTION MAY 15, 2011 (KJW Tactical 10/22 GBBR POV GoPro HD)

Is it summer yet? I couldn't tell onset the downpour we experienced this weekend. The rain made CQB CITY seem like a save haven from the wet weather. Regardless there were tons of people in attendence that set out to play some interesting games.

A new twist on a classic gametype of CQB CITY the "Demolition" style game pitted two sides with the task of taking out the other teams HQ. An EOD team was set in place for each team and given the duty to be the only one to plant the bomb. However before they could a satchel, yes a satchel, charge must have been found to prime the bomb.



What you will see below is some of that gameplay and some of the hilarity that ensued during the day.


GoPro Hero HD - I was given the opportunity to work with a GoPro Hero HD from a friend and fellow airsofter, Steven. Editing wasn't the hardest part it was actually sifting through all the awesome footage that was taken that day I picking only a few parts that stood out that was really difficult. Hopefully this wont be the last chance that I get to try one of the awesome camera's and hopefully I will begin to experiment with camera setups!


Most notable weapon of the day was the KJW Tactical 10/22 GBBR. This little bad boy was the first I have seen both in person and on the field and I must say I am fairly impressed. However, its current price point of sub $250 does lend you to want to buy its real steel counter-part.

Forcible Entry Equipment - Some of you might be wondering what are the new black & yellow doors in the video. They actually come from a company that I blogged about a couple months ago. A firefighter wanted to build a training tool to help aid him and his department with breaching doors for emergency situations. Through trial and error the firefighter came up with Forcible Entry Equipment doors. This door is now used by many LE/MIL personnel and Fire Departments. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting the owner during Urban Shield. You can check out the original blog post and the original video demo here. (Please check out: www.forcibleentryequipment.com)

*New Links*
Facebook - Some of you wanted to know if I had a Facebook. Now you can "Like" the page and find additional content from MSJ!

Video:
Please remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't this blog be called CQB City Junkie? You never go anywhere else but there. Do you work for CQB City or receive any kind of compensation from CQB City? Are you a marketing tool?

Mar said...

Does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

not the funniest pranks if no one has a reaction...

Anonymous said...

There is no prank, I'm posing a question to the site owner. I'm not looking for a "reaction", just an answer.

MilSimJunkie said...

Anon,

Great question and valid ones at that. I do play and have played at other fields. All of them great and I will continue go back to them. I do not live far from CQB CITY hence why I am often there on weekends. Its a great environment and I enjoy the company of people that visit the facility. In some of the Youtube comments someone asked similar questions and I expressed that I do play "milsim" type events from time to time, hence, the title of this site.

In short I DO NOT receive any compensation from CQB CITY for doing any of the video work. I do it because I like seeing all the action and most importantly for the love of the sport of airsoft.

Thanks for taking the time to read the blogs entries!

-MSJ

Post a Comment