Blogger Tricks


July 25, 2011

MilSim Junkie Review: Revision Asian Locust Goggles

While I love Revision Desert Locusts goggles I did find some flaws in fitment while wearing them. So I picked up Revision's Asian Locust goggle system and I was astonished of how comfortable the goggles were.

The Asian Locust goggles are EXACTLY like the Desert Locust counter-part but in a format that much better suits my Asian profiled face. While wearing the Desert Locust's I experience some gap in the nose-bride are and found it a bit uncomfortable around the cheeks. With the Asian Locusts the gap is virtually gone and now I have a full seal around my eyes providing some fantastic eye protection.

One of the biggest questions I received regarding Revision's eyewear, especially the Desert Locusts, were if they fogged. I am quick to answer both yes and no for the reason that I didn't experience any fogging until about a month after initial usage. Revision has REUSABLE anti-fog wipes that people can purchase to resolve fogging issues. While the fog wipes will not completely fix the fogging issues the fog wipes minimize the chances of fogging will occur. What the fog wipes do is turn the wood-be fog into a thin layer of moisture on the lens. However, my view is NOT obstructed and I am still able to go about my business even with the moisture build up on the lens.

Combine this with the Asian Locust Fan goggles and there is virtually no fogging at all. The fan varient is great as they offer a nice cool breeze on the eyes especially when wearing the goggles for long periods of time. The fan is powered by one battery and has three settings (low, medium, high). I often find myself wearing these on the field especially on hot days were I know fogging may occur.

Another question I often get is "how to wear prescription glasses with the goggles." Revision's solution is on their RX Carrier. You will need to get the RX carrier fulfilled with your prescription by your optometrist but Revision is able to fulfill some prescriptions. The RX carrier is compatible with several other eyewear in Revision's line-up and is easy to install/transfer to your goggles.




To learn more about Revision visit: www.revisionmilitary.com

To purchase Revision Asian Locusts Goggles visit: http://www.revisionmilitary.com/asianlocust.html

To purchase Revision's Anti-Fog cloths visit: http://www.revisionmilitary.com/store/accessories/anti-fog-cloth.html

To purchase Revision's RX carrier visit: http://www.revisionmilitary.com/rxcarrier.html


Features:
Contoured design specific for an Asian profiled face
Low-profile high-impact frame
Interchangeable lenses
RX Carrier compatible
Lightweight (compatible with different head gear)

Fan Goggles Features:
Same great features as its non-fanned version
3 Speed setting (powered by one battery)
RX Carrier compatible
Lightweight

DISCOUNT CODE:
Visit www.revisionmilitary.com and if you decide to purchase any of their protective eyewear make sure you use the special discount code "MSJ1" to receive 30% off your purchase of up to 5 items. This discount code is good until August 5, 2011. I know I will be using this code to pick up their new Vipertail and/or Alphawing glasses!

Consider the discount code a way that Revision and myself can thank you guys, the readers/viewers, for the continued support.

Video:
Remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel


Desert Locust Review:

0 comments:

Post a Comment